Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"Tempo D'ja Bai"

I just finished the book "Tears of the Desert" (Lagrimas do Darfur),and I recomend it to everybody. It's shocking what Human Beings do to one another because of politics,power and money.It's a very intense book which will make you rethink some choices you make. Life can be very short...one minute you're here the other you're gone.

There's a song that I've been listening to a lot ,it's called "Tempo d'ja bai" by Celso,a very talented young man that I have the pleasure to know. Half of the song is in Portuguese,and the other half is in Cape Verdian creole and he says "Tempo d'ja bai,e el ka ta ben mas" which means "Time is gone,and it's not coming back" ,so I am living my life to the fullest.

Speaking of time, my friend Shayla is getting married a year from now. She was telling me all about the plans and how excited she is! I am so happy for them! It seems like only yesterday her boyfriend proposed to her in my building's lobby in Portugal. If I'm not mistaken it was on her birthday two or three years ago. They're a lovely couple and I wish them the best! They deserve it =) In some cases love does conquer all!

No comments:

Post a Comment